Jim Goure wanted to develop a short, simple prayer that anyone could use and that could be memorized easily. Above all else, it had to be effective. It had to be a prayer that got results. Over the years, this prayer acquired several names: The Effective Prayer, The Seven Steps to Effective Prayer, the Light Prayer, and oftentimes simply “the prayer.”
1. I release all of my past, negatives, fears, human relationships and loved ones, self-image, future, human desires, sex, judgment, communications, money, and concepts of religion to the Light.
2. I am a Light being.
3. I radiate the Light from my Light center throughout my being.
4. I radiate the Light from my Light center to everyone.
5. I radiate the Light from my Light center to everything.
6. My whole being is in a bubble of Light and only Light can come to me and only Light be here.
7. Thank you, God, for everything, for everyone, and for me.
(from Leading a Life of Prayer)